General Rules, Posting Rules & Guidelines
Creating a New Topic, Promoting a Business/Brand
- Users may write or post on the forum as long as it is related to finance or personal finance. In the General/Lifestyle category for instance, users may talk about personal relationships as long as it is related to finance.
Example of a topic that you may post: XX Places to Dine Out on a Budget with Your Significant Other
Example of a topic that you may NOT post: How to Handle a Jealous Girlfriend
- DO NOT post anything topics or replies containing any of the following (they will be deleted):
- Porn, inappropriate or offensive content, abusive language, including swearing, warez or leaked content.
- Any discussion of piracy, posts of copyright material.
- Threats of violence or harassment, even as a joke.
- Soliciting, begging, auctioning, raffling, selling, advertising, referrals, ‘test’ posts/threads
- Racism, discrimination, religious, political, and other “prone to huge arguments” threads, bullying and impersonation of other member profiles.
- DO NOT abuse the Private Message feature to sell any goods or services. Users that feel disturbed by promotional messages or advertisements by other users may report to the forum admin/moderator by email to: [email protected]
- Users MAY share information on a brand/business/product/service as long as it is based on a personal experience, and is not on behalf of the company.
- Users MAY share information that is not hard-selling on events related to personal finance.
- If you link out randomly to your own site when it’s not relevant, the thread or post will be deleted. If the links are relevant to the thread, that’s fine. Please use your best judgment here.
- Users may promote their businesses through the Signature feature after having been an active member for 3 months with over 100 posts. The promotion can only be done by posting links, and one user may not include more than 3 links in their signature.
- Exceptions for Rules #4-5 only apply to forum users who have established an official partnership with MoneySmart.com. Contact us at [email protected] for more information.
- Violation in any of these rules may result in a warning/temporary ban/permanent ban from Forum Moneysmart’s admin/moderator.
- Any user who feels disturbed by any other user may report the user directly via the report button, or by email to [email protected]
Posting Rules & Guidelines
- Read and understand the topic before you write. If you can’t find a relevant topic or thread for what you are about to write, you can always create your own thread.
- Write in a way that is easy to understand. Avoid using forms of languages that might spike miscommunication between users, including excessive abbreviations or using all caps such a “IDK WHR UR GOING TNITE??? SUP??”
- Avoid posting large, unnecessary images.
- Respect other users. Be mindful of other people’s opinions and ideas. It’s okay to disagree and have different opinions, but present your case tactfully. This is a community.
- “Bumping” threads should be kept to a limit. This means you shouldn’t keep replying to your own thread (without anyone else replying in between) to get it back to the top. As the forum grows, it can get very spammy if users bump constantly.
- Try to add value when you post. Don’t just type something along the lines of “What they said.”
- Please don’t use affiliate links in this forum. When you externally link, do it because you want to help someone, not for an opportunity to make some cash.
Creating a New Topic/Thread
- Search before you post. In order to make the forum neat and easy to navigate for all of us, always use the search field to see if someone already discussed a topic similar to what you’re about to post. If you feel that a new thread is needed anyway, always feel free to create a new one.
- Read, understand and follow the rules of each forum category. Each forum category may have its own rules. Make sure you also read and follow these rules before you start posting replies and threads of your own.
- Give a proper and relevant title to your thread. Make sure the title of your thread reflects the content.
Promoting a Business/Brand
Join Forum MoneySmart to promote your business or brand! Get a username with your brand/business name, create threads to promote your business, and have your official representative on our forum.
Contact our team at [email protected] for more information..